Sunday 6 May 2012

Outfit of the Day: Casual




Polo - River Island via eBay - £6
Shorts - Levi's via COW Vintage - £16
Black Lace-up Wedges - Zara, on sale - £40
Tights - Primark - £2
Ring - Topshop - £7.50
Wing Earrings - Topshop - £8.50
Eyelashes - Eyelure, 'Oh My!' from the Katy Perry collection - £5.99 (ish!)
Nails - Rimmel London 'I Heart Lasting Finish', Shade 193 'Black Cherries' - £2.99

Out of boredom from my regular routine of revising, browsing Tumblr, going to the gym and watching Lost (I'm on the final season now!), I thought I'd do a 'what I'm wearing today' post. Again, not something I'm planning to do regularly, just every now and then of outfits I really like. It also kind of doubles up as a 'favourite purchases' post as some of the items here I've bought fairly recently.

The polo shirt was a really nice eBay find, it's a good fit and navy blue is one of my favourite colours! I really like the Fred Perry brand, but of course cannot afford it on a student budget, so this 'imitation' by River Island is a great equivalent. The Levi's were bought a while back, sometime in October, but they are by far my favourite pair of denim shorts (and I own a lot!) as they go with pretty much everything. The black wedges have made an appearance before, I'm still not confident enough in heels to wear them day-to-day but they are my go-to shoe whenever I go out in the evenings. I love them a lot, as you can tell from the wear! 

I don't tend to wear accessories that often, but I really love the ring and earrings from Topshop, they are definitely my most worn pieces of jewelry at the moment. With nail colour, I usually stick to black or navy blue and tend to buy Barry M, but this time I thought I'd try something a bit different, brand and colour-wise. Still dark though because I don't think bright or pastel nail colours suit me very well! I do recommend Rimmel though, it dries really quickly and takes a while to chip, even if you don't apply a top or base coat.

Though the colours are a bit dark, I think this outfit is very summer appropriate and stays true to my style. Hopefully we'll at least get a few weeks of sunshine so I can utilise this outfit to it's full potential!


No comments:

Post a Comment