Wednesday 5 March 2014

My Best Dressed List from the Oscars

The Oscars were on Sunday night, and I must say, there were some gorgeous gowns gracing the red carpet and various Oscar parties! I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate some of my favourites.


I adored Emma Watson's dress by Vera Wang. It's very flattering to her shape, as well as being very classical and modest - just like herself (I also really enjoyed the selfie she took with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, but I digress).


Jessica Biel looked stunning in this gown by Dior, so sparkly and elegant but not too overstated. Simply gorgeous!


What's this? Lady Gaga looking… normal?! I really liked this dress by Versace, the colours are so nice and I even like that cape/scarf thing she has going on. Quite toned down for her style (it's no meat dress) but still quirky enough to be Gaga. She looks stunning!


Putting a twist on the LBD (Long Black Dress, in this case), Taylor Swift rocked up to the awards looking like a sexy disco ball. I love the sheer detailing on the sleeves.



Kerry Washington (Jason Wu) and Oliva Wilde (Valentino) both proved that you can be pregnant AND look hot in a couture gown, both these ladies are looking smoking' hot.


Zooey Deschanel got a lot of stick for her dress, some saying it was too busy, too all over the place, too 'kooky'. But she is kooky, and I personally loved it. I thought this dress was very her: girly and eccentric.


Make way for the ladies in red, both Jennifer Lawrence (Dior) and Sienna Miller (Alexander McQueen) looked absolutely stunning in these striking red numbers. I especially loved Sienna's belt that cinched her in nicely at the waist (though I'm not too sure about her three arm band things…)


Last but not least, my award for Best Dressed of the night goes to...


Lupita Nyong'o and her gorgeous powder blue Prada dress. She looked positively UH-MAZING, you cannot fault this dress. the colour, the plunging neckline, the floaty-ness. All flawless. She looked so regal, like a real life Disney princes. I adored it, I adore her. Let's put them both in the museum of awe-inspiring beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment