Sunday 20 January 2013

Hidden Treasure by Topshop

Happy New Year! I've been gone for a while having a well deserved break from the madness, but I'm officially back in business. I've had a lovely long break in Brighton, and tomorrow I'm travelling back up north to Sheffield (if all this snow will allow me, that is) and having another quiet week before being thrown back in to uni and work and the like! But anyway, on to the matter at hand...



I've recently made a purchase that I'm absolutely in love with. I've had my eye on this nail polish for literally months but have been holding off buying it until now. I'm not very much into nails (as you will see from my shoddy paint work below) but whenever I do fancy giving my nails a coat of paint, I usually go for darker colours - black, navy, plum, or even a dark, dark red if I'm feeling wild. One of my favourite repeat purchases is Barry M in Navy, and for a while it was the only nail polish I would buy. Which is why I was slightly hesitant with this one. I liked the look of it and the colours coming out at me, but I wasn't really sure how it would transfer on my nails.

Hidden Treasure 204 - and my poorly neglected cuticles
Unfortunately this picture doesn't do the colour much justice. But I love it. It doesn't have the darker tones that the bottle suggests, but the colour is still amazing. In different lights and different angles, it provides a range of pretty shades. At one angle its a minty green, at others its gold, and under certain light it even looks a bit coppery. It's like having three nail polishes in one! I can forgive there not being any of the blues and purples that the bottle promises because I love it nonetheless. It may have even opened my eyes a bit to bolder coloured nail polishes. You exactly won't be seeing me sporting a pastel or neon coloured nail any time soon, I'm definitely keeping my eye out for those metallics when shopping for my next polish.


(PS. I've now had this blog for over a year - woo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment