Thursday 24 January 2013

wrinkly shirt chic.




SHIRT - H&M / SKIRT - REPUBLIC 
COLLAR TIPS - TOPSHOP / EAR CUFFS - TOPSHOP
SHOES (NOT PICTURED) - REPUBLIC

It's an outfit post! A rarity here, but 2013 is all about mixing it up blog-wise for me, so it's a welcome change, and perhaps not the last you'll see. 2013 for me is about mixing it up style-wise, too. I'm not looking to change my style, I just want to be a bit more daring. I tend to stay in my comfort zone when it comes to my clothing, what I wear looks good but a lot of the time it's really 'safe', or lazy, which means I get bored with what I have in my wardrobe very easily. So instead of swooning over outfit posts on various blogs and doing nothing about it, I'm going to scout for the pieces I like that are perhaps slightly different to my usual style and make sure I never get bored of my clothes again. The key to this is accessories, which I think can really make an outfit, and though I have lots of jewelry and the like, I never really make much use of it, mostly due to laziness. Not anymore!

One of the big steps in being brave with my look is wearing skirts. Sounds silly, I know, but even though I own quite a few dresses and skirts, I don't really wear them that often. I'm much more comfortable in jeans and leggings and even shorts. I'm not sure why, maybe it's the unpredictability of skirts, one small gust of wind and you're left doing a Marilyn, but this year I'm going to put that aside and start becoming more of a skirt girl. I've always liked the leather skirt look, which is why I had to get my hands on this one from Republic in the Miso section, and paired it up with a not-so-crisp white shirt (as you can probably tell, I don't own an iron). I also really love the collar tips, I saw one similar to this in Olly Murs' Troublemaker video, where his romantic interest is sporting one on her own shirt. I think the tips add an edgyness to the otherwise safe plain white shirt.

Can't wait for this snow to pass and the weather to warm up a bit to really make the most of this look!


No comments:

Post a Comment